PROMOTING RACE MEETINGS
It is hard to attract people to race meetings – both competitors and spectators – if they don’t know they’re on!
Each suburb/surrounding suburbs in Australia around karting clubs will generally have a weekly newspaper – which most times is desperate for good content – build a good relationship with the sports editor and give them the simple details and photos to work with.
Make sure your club’s event information (before and after) is communicated to publications such as KartSportNews, KartOz Magazine, Karting Australia Website, Karting Australia’s Full Throttle and upload your information to places like Speedcafe.com’s News Extra.
ALWAYS provide a good image that you have the rights to use.
ALWAYS check your spelling and grammar.
Other ways to promote the work of the Club to the Community that can benefit Clubs could include (but not limited to):
- Hosting community family fun days/Christmas parties
- Hosting formal programs (i.e. SP Tools Junior Sprockets program, prominent driver education days)
- Offering existing members incentives to introduce new members to the club (i.e. discounted membership)
- Hosting club reunions
- Establishing a relationship with other entities within the community – local council, other sporting clubs and not-for-profit organisations (i.e. TAFE which run a motorsport program)
- Licensed community clubs in some States have a Government regulation to invest in the local community
- Many hands make light work – share space at another sporting field and work with other clubs to promote each other
- Engage local schools for come and try days as part of driver education/road awareness programs