BUILDING A BETTER KART CLUB
Like any pursuit in life, a kart club combines people from many walks of life and backgrounds. To ensure a healthy club – an inclusive culture that gives members a voice and provides input is paramount.
By building such a culture, it will encourage a broader base of members to become involved in the club, shoulder the work and ensure it runs efficiently. This will also ensure that more people are encouraged to come to the club and hear about the sport.
While karting is a competitive sport, it is also to be considered that coming to a kart club on the weekend is downtime for members – it fosters great bonds between families and friends who come to compete with and against each other.
It is meant to be FUN!
There are a few elements critical to building a great club, some of those are as follows. By no means is this an exhaustive list – and we’re sure that you can identify more:
- Good/positive culture
- A committee that has good work ethic and an inclusive approach
- A diverse array of members that are willing to contribute
- Transparency between the committee and its members
- Incentives for members to contribute
- Good quality facilities and infrastructure
- A rewarding environment that acknowledges the contribution of its members
- A high level of social engagement
- A balance between racing and social activities
- An ability to promote the benefits of the club and attract new members
The resources and tools within these pages will assist you in building a healthy, successful club for all.