GET YOUNG PEOPLE INVOLVED
Young members are the future of any club and with junior karting being such an important contributor to sport Australia wide, it makes sense to get young people and fresh ideas involved in your club.
By having young people involved, it delivers goals of having long term involvement, assists in developing pathways through sport for them, allows them to develop life skills through being involved and interacting with different situations and keeps your club relevant.
Some ways that young people could be involved in your club:
- Junior Council – Juniors have their own mini committee to bring ideas to the Board/Committee
- Buddy program – an established Junior/young driver is buddied up with a sub-Junior (Cadet 9/Cadet 12) driver to welcome them to the club
- Press Officer – allow late high school/early University club member to build skills through developing press materials for the club. Read more here
- IT Officer – allow late high school/early University club member to learn CM:S and assist in the operation of a race meeting
- Volunteers – offer Club Championship points to young members to be involved in the operation of a race day